Imagine exploring the Australian rainforest at night, searching for nocturnal wildlife without disturbing them with a torch? Arguably one of the best uses for military technology found to date. Our Night Vision Bushwalk is a truly unique experience – the only one of its kind in the world! Patent 2007100831.
Use Night Vision Goggles to observe Australia’s nocturnal animals in their natural habitat, and after your walk enjoy a hot chocolate gazing up at the starry night. Heaven!
We usually see 5 species, typically Possum, Pademelon, Bandicoot, Tawny Frogmouth, Leaf Tailed Gecko, Fucsipes, Melomys, Micro Bats and Frogs. We get more animal sightings when there is less moonlight. Nature being nature animal sightings can not be guaranteed. Not recommended for people with epilepsy.
- Walk days: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Duration:Approximately 3.5 hours (about 1 hour walking).
- Pickups: You will be picked up from your accommodation in Byron Bay. There is a surcharge for other pickups.
- Pick Up Point:Byron Bay 19:30
- How much?
- Adults$145 |Conc (ISIC/pens) $135 |Child (10-17yo)$110 |Family (2Ads/2kids) $440
- Night Vision Goggle hire
- Experienced Guide
- Park Fees
- Hot Chocolate and Cookie
- What to bring
- The goggles can fit over glasses, but people who wear glasses should wear contacts if at all possible.
- Wear a pair of sturdy covered shoes. Thongs and sandals are NOT acceptable.
- Bring a raincoat (if you have one, we have ones you can borrow).
- Bring water (600ml should be enough).